How To Expedite A PCS Assessment
What Is An Expedited Assessment?
An expedited assessment is an immediate review of an individual who meets the eligibility requirements below. Because of the time frame, the process is done by fax and telephone.
Who Can Request An Expedited Assessment
A hospital discharge planner, skilled nursing facility discharge planner, LME/MCO Transition Coordinator, or Adult Protective Services (APS) Worker
A qualified beneficiary if that individual is currently hospitalized, in a medical facility, in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), part of the Transition to Community Living Initiative, or in cases of an active Adult Protective Services (APS) caseEligibility Requirements:
- There is an active Adult Protective Services (APS) case.
- The beneficiary is currently hospitalized, in a medical facility or in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF).
- Is in individual in the transition to living community initiative.
- For an Adult Care Home (excluding 5600 facilities), the beneficiary must have a Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) number. To learn more about this form and process, please go to www.ncmust.com/pasarr/pasarrsummary.jsp.
- The beneficiary is medically stable.
- The beneficiary has active or pending Medicaid.
- If eligibility requirements are met, a hospital discharge planner, skilled nursing facility discharge planner, LME/MCO Transition Coordinator, or Adult Protective Services (APS) Worker may request an Expedited Assessment by faxing the Request for Services form to 1-919-322-5942 followed by a call to Liberty Healthcare at 1-855-740-1400.
- A hospital discharge planner, skilled nursing facility discharge planner, LME/MCO Transition Coordinator, or APS worker will need to have the beneficiary select a provider of services before PAs can be issued.
- Expedited Assessments for beneficiaries seeking placement in ACHs (not 5600s) will need a PASRR number.
- Once connected with Liberty, the request will be reviewed and immediately approved or denied by a Customer Service Team Member. If approved, the caller will be transferred to a Liberty Healthcare nurse who will conduct a brief telephone assessment. If approved, the beneficiary will be immediately awarded temporary hours for PCS services.
- Liberty Healthcare will then contact the beneficiary within 14 business days to schedule a complete assessment in person.
For any questions concerning the expedited assessment process, please contact Liberty Customer Support at 1-919-322-5944 or 1-855-740-1400.